trying to get up to date

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

The Jeep

trying to get up to date

Post by The Jeep »

So, I have this website I inherited as a webmaster. It was running 2.0.19 and I thought I should upgrade it ot 2.0.21. I did that and then realized I did not have a vanilla forum installed, but one with the attachment mod installed as well. (I'm new to phpbb)

So I went ahead and recopied the backed up files back onto the server, since after trying to upgrade it I lost all the attachment stuff. The weird thing is, when I login to the admin panel the forum says I am "up to date" but I know it isn't.

I am kinda nervous about mucking too much with it, since this is a fairly large and somewhat important forum, I cannot just delete it completely and start over. My main goal was to make it easier to control the spam-registrations and stuff like that, so I was also trying to add usershield mod (that's why I was upgrading in the first place)

can you give some advice or help me get this stuff all fixed as it should be? I would really appreciate it.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

If all you have is the forum with attachment mod then all you have to do is upload the attachment mod premodified files package as well and that should do it. Also run the installer/update_to_latest.php file.

The message that states you're up to date actually reads an entry in the database to figure that out so if you already updated your database then the "up to date" message will be displayed even if the files are the old ones.
The Jeep

Post by The Jeep »

That won't mess up my modified color scheme based on the subSilver template will it?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It shouldn't.
The Jeep

Post by The Jeep »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_build_auth_levels() in d:\domains\pnw4wda.org\wwwroot\forum\viewforum.php on line 371

that's the error I now get after copying the files over from the 2.0.19 to 2.0.21 and then copying the 'attachment mod' files.
The Jeep

Post by The Jeep »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in d:\domains\pnw4wda.org\wwwroot\forum\includes\functions.php on line 342

and now that's the error I get after recopying my old files back over! *beep*.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Are you sure you're copying and overwriting EVERYTHING? Those errors will come up if common.php is not copied over or not copied over correctly.
The Jeep

Post by The Jeep »

I drag and drop the whole folder set. and away it goes....

I'll try from home later today. maybe this connect at work is flakey.