Lightbox Implementation

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Coroner wrote:I pm'd you and account that you can check the acp with.
You did? :?:
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

DavidIQ wrote:
Coroner wrote:I pm'd you and account that you can check the acp with.
You did? :?:
Sent
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Yes I sleep :lol:

One thing that I hate about the attachment mod package from phpBB is that the files directory doesn't have a thumbs directory in it. Most servers will show the error but yours is suppressing the error. Must not be set in php.ini to display the errors. Anyhow create a thumbs directory in the files directory and I'm pretty sure the thumbnails will start getting created.
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

It's now working but it appears that it's kind of reversed? Meaning the pic show's in normal size and once clicked, it turns to a thumbnail?

Your thoughts?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

The original picture is small. Based on the settings you have for thumbnails it's going to create a thumbnail for all pictures you attach (which it seems you have increased the size of the thumbnail as well by editing one of the attachment mod files) be it small or large so it's working as designed.
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

DavidIQ wrote:The original picture is small. Based on the settings you have for thumbnails it's going to create a thumbnail for all pictures you attach (which it seems you have increased the size of the thumbnail as well by editing one of the attachment mod files) be it small or large so it's working as designed.
Another dumb question but how can I lower the size of the thumbnail so the small pic shows first then converts to the larger nomal size on click.

I don't remember editing very many of the attachment mod files other then what was required to install the Edit Attachment Mod?

Please let me know
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Open attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php, find $max_width = 400; and change it to 100 maybe. This might still make the thumbnail bigger than the actual picture so you'll have to play with the value of max_width. The point of thumbnails was to create a clickable thumbnail in the case that the image was too big to fit in the post...
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

I set it to 100 for now.

I really want to thank you for all your efforts helping with this.

A very cool set up :)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You're welcome :wink:
Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

DavidIQ wrote:
Coroner wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:Let me guess...you didn't change the Minimum Thumbnail Filesize to something lower than 12000 and you uploaded a file that's probably 5000... ;-)
Hi Dave, This is Art again and I have somewhat of a different problem with the lightbox mod I hope you will help me with. Coroner shows the following in his Special Categories and I do not?

Display Images Inlined = yes
Create Thumbnail = yes
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize = 50
Make use of GD2 Extension = no
Imagick Program (Complete Path) = blank
Maximum Image Dimensions = 0x0
Image Link Dimensions = 0x0

I only have the following in the Special Categories;

Display Images Inlined = yes
Imagick Program (Complete Path) = blank
Maximum Image Dimensions = 0x0
Image Link Dimensions = 0x0

There is no mention to Thumbnails at all? I also edited the following files as per the instructions at beginning of thread.

displaying.php
overall_header.tpl
viewtopic_attach_body.tpl

I then closed down my browser, reopened and linked back to the phpBB2 main page and Admin. page. No mention of Thumbnails at all the the Special Categories?

Please, Help!!!!!!! Again! LOL
Art
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Far as I know those options only show up for servers that have GD2 or Image Magick installed... if neither is present then the thumbnails cannot be created. :?
Art57mo

Post by Art57mo »

DavidIQ wrote:Far as I know those options only show up for servers that have GD2 or Image Magick installed... if neither is present then the thumbnails cannot be created. :?
Thanks Dave, will contact the IP service and see if they use either.

Art
Art
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

Hey David, would you mind if I submitted this to phpbbhacks? I made some very few adjustments and put together what looks like a clean zip file with instructions.

Here's what I have put together. Please look it over and tell me what you think. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this several times and tested it with several templates and it has worked each time.
Attachments
Lightbox_phpbb2.zip
(71.37 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Seems fine to me though the directory structure is incorrect in the copy command. The actual folder you seem to be including is "Light_phpbb2 setup files" but on the installation instructions you have "lightbox_phpbb2" under the copy command not to mention the command is a bit off. It's just like Windows... copy <source> <destination>
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

Thanks David.

Here's the fix.
Attachments
LightBox_phpbb2.zip
(71.12 KiB) Downloaded 635 times