new and annoying--how to install?

Since Opentools.de has now gone away I've created this forum to house FAQs and support for this mod in phpBB2.

Moderator: Experts

muroo

new and annoying--how to install?

Post by muroo »

Hi,

I just set up my forum today, and would really like to get attachments going. I don't know php. I've been following the trail on this, and at first was looking at the original I think (from a few years ago) and then there was talk of premodded files...

Well I downloaded them, but don't know what to do. I've tried overwriting them folder by folder, but I know must be doing something wrong...and I've tried a few times. Can anyone give me step by step instructions? I know this must seem insanely easy to you guys, but I'm totally lost.

Do I need to change config.php settings also?

My ftp client doesn't seem to work with the server I'm using now, so I've been using net2ftp.

Thanks for any help! And for making this mod. :-)
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Unzip folder, upload the contents of the PREMODIFIED folder to your forum WITHOUT changing a single folder, file, or anything else and allowing the replacing of files to take place. Once you do that just open a browser at http://www.yoursite.com/yourforumfolder ... nstall.php (obviously this is pertaining your site and forum which I don't have the URL for) and watch the database edits take place. Once that's done delete the installer folder and you're done.
muroo

Post by muroo »

thanks so much!
I think because the original thing I read talked about modifying actual files bit by bit and then people saying that the pre-modded files made it "not as" hard I thought it still had to be hard. :-)
FrankRizzo

Another stupid question (first one from me though!)

Post by FrankRizzo »

Hi David,

I have a practice board up and running and the attachment mod is just what I need . . . I had already downloaded and installed the Conundrum mod and removed the /installer files. The site is working fine.

So, I downloaded the modified Conundrum files from your website and copied the Conundrum folder from my hard drive to the "Template" folder on my server . . . was this correct?

There was no installer to run as it had already ran and was deleted. It's midnight for me, so I may be missing something. Was there another stop that I was supposed to do? Can you tell me what I did wrong, what I need to do and what I should be looking for that will allow me to upload Word files? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Sounds correct to me. To allow Word files you'll need to allow the extension and the extension group in the admin panel.
FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo »

DavidIQ wrote:Sounds correct to me. To allow Word files you'll need to allow the extension and the extension group in the admin panel.
Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response . . . I don't see anything in the admin panel that would let me allow the extension and the extension group . . . where is this function located? Thanks again.
FrankRizzo

Verification as well . . .

Post by FrankRizzo »

Also, David, could you verify that the modified file should be placed in the Conundrum folder that is located in the Template folder, or should the files be uploaded to phpBB root . . . and is it the Conundrum folder and contents that should be uploaded, or the just the contents of that folder (admin folder + files)? Thanks again.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

There should be a whole bunch of options in the admin panel pertaining to attachments and extensions. Are you sure you uploaded the php files to their correct locations? The archive attached to this topic contains only the template files.
FrankRizzo

Ooooops!

Post by FrankRizzo »

OK, sorry. No sleep . . . Are you saying that these Conundrum files are just the templates mods? I thought this was the entire package and haven't downloaded or installed anything else. Can you tell me where I could get the rest of this mod and in what order I should install it?

I will get some sleep before doing anything else . . . sorry again.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

You can get the premodified files here:
viewtopic.php?t=32
ONLY use that if you have no other mods installed.
FrankRizzo

Thank you!

Post by FrankRizzo »

Works like a champ. Just needed some sleep. Thanks!