Customisation and Permissions

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Graham

Customisation and Permissions

Post by Graham »

Morning David
Hope you are well,
I have two questions please
  • What do I need to look for and change to get the main board a different colour, at the moment it seems to be blue at the top getting lighter as it moves down each forum.
  • I have set my permissions (Admin) to everything for every forum, yet when I went to send a private message to one of the members it reads [img] is OFF, I know that registered members can't post images, but I thought I would be able to, is it treating me as a registered member, if so how do get full control of my own board?
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Customisation and Permissions

Post by DavidIQ »

1. If you mean the forum listing just replace styles/prosilver/imageset/forum_read_subforum.gif with your own color image.
2. Board features are enabled/disabled globally so permissions won't do much in regards to that. Alternatively you could enable the img tag and remove permissions to post images for registered users but allow it for administrators. This would be forum-specific so you'd have to do it for each forum you have.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Thanks David
This would be forum-specific so you'd have to do it for each forum you have.
Don't mind doing this, do you think allowing images is a good or bad thing? can you stipulate in ACP the file size of an image? if you can then I don't mind members having the ability to post images.

I'll take a look at styles/prosilver/imageset/forum_read_subforum.gif and see what happens.

Edited this as when I tried to post an image I got this message
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image.

I've set a limit of 300 x 300, the image I want to load is 100 x 100, I've tried placing the image in the root directory of my site but still no luck, any ideas? is there something else I need to set in the ACP?

Graham
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

Well it all depends what the type of image is and if the server has GD2 or ImageMagic enabled. I believe one of the 2 is required to determine the image size. BMPs will not be able to be read correctly.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Cheers David

I'll just remove the limit and if anybody post an image that is too big I'll remove it.

Graham