Adding IF ELSE statement to this line

Need help with your forum? Ask away. Remember though that there's always http://www.phpbb.com/community

Moderator: Experts

Hardcore_Shad

Adding IF ELSE statement to this line

Post by Hardcore_Shad »

Hi all! If I were to add an IF ELSE statement to this code, how could I do it?

I've tried variations to it but could only show the "else" part. :D I intended to place an image or word before the topic title link to show which ones were already "read and unread." So if the topic is new, it shows an image bearing the word "new" before the topic title and vice versa.

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN latest_announcements -->
						<a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}">{latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><br />
			<!-- END latest_announcements -->
Thanks.
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Re: Adding IF ELSE statement to this line

Post by DavidIQ »

Something like:

<!-- IF SOMETHING -->this something<!-- ELSE -->something else<!-- ENDIF -->
                  <a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}">{latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><br />
Hardcore_Shad

Post by Hardcore_Shad »

Thanks David.

I was trying this but only the else statement showed, whether the topic is new or old. Am I formulating my IF statement correctly with S_UNREAD_TOPIC? That's actually the part which I need most help with. :?

<!-- IF S_UNREAD_TOPIC --><a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}"> Old !!! {latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><!-- ELSE --><a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}"> New !!! {latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
DavidIQ
Site Admin

Post by DavidIQ »

It should probably be "latest_announcements.S_UNREAD_TOPIC"
Hardcore_Shad

Post by Hardcore_Shad »

Woot!

Let me try that out... :D Thanks!

--------------------------

Update: I coded it like this...

<!-- IF .latest_announcements -->
		<td class="row1" width="33%" valign="top">
                  <!-- IF latest_announcements.S_UNREAD_TOPIC --><a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}"> NEW !!! {latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><!-- ELSE --><a href="{latest_announcements.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" title="{latest_announcements.FULL_TITLE}"> OLD !!! {latest_announcements.TITLE}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br />
<!-- END latest_announcements -->		</td>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
But only the "OLD" option is shown, even if the topics are new. May I have more assistance on how I could code this better pls? :D